.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 19, 2004

 
"A long December and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will be better than the last...
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin', now the days go by so fast..."

----- The Counting Crows, "A Long December"

     So it's the third week into a new year. Time flies (and so does fruit. Damn you Douglas Adams). It's weird, thinking back. At first, when the clock struck 12 on New Year's Eve, I was like a lot of people out there. Drunk and hurling my guts out :) The next day when I regained consciousness (you never simply just wake up from getting sloshed. It'd be too easy), I was thinking about how it didn't really feel any different. I mean, it was the New Year wasn't it? A lot of people I chatted with felt similarly. Then I looked at it from a different point of view. Took a bigger step back, and realised that it is a new year. That a lot has changed going into 2004.
     It's easy to figure out. Ask yourself a few simple questions. One year ago from today ('today' is dependent on when you read this of course), where were you? What were you doing? What was going through your head? Or let's break it down to it's core: Who were you a year ago, and how much of you has changed over the 12 months?
     Change is inherent, tangibly and intangibly. Especially in a year. Me personally, I realise things are a lot different now. I'm a lot different now. Even my friends can see it. It's just crazy. I don't know where to start really. Well, for one, that post I made a couple weeks ago is an indication of sorts. And for another, I'm a lot more comfortable with the fact that I don't know where my life is headed these days. Oh sure, you can make plans and have popular ideas, but who knows really? At least these days, I know where I am, and for now, that's good enough...
     Heh, I'm just horribly vague tonight aren't I? It's just difficult sometimes to find the right words to express how all the thoughts in my head relate to the way I feel. I tried once, but too many words came pouring out, making everything seem so contradictory and... Strange. It just made it all the more confusing, even for me. Words only go so far. So let's make this simple: When it's all said and done, when the sun sets and the day has gone, it all boils down to this; that the most important thing right now is that you're aware of what's going on around and inside you. And that's it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?