.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 08, 2004

 
     Heh, is the weekend over already? It's such a shame that they always go by so fast. Then it's back to serving the Nation. As much as I find it distasteful though, staying in on Pulau Tekong has it's benefits. All things considered, I spend my time more productively in camp than I'd do if I booked out every night, which, upon arriving home, would be devoted to the TV and food. For example, I save quite a bit of cash (as long as I can resist the temptation to go to the canteen for my meals. Mmm, fried everything...), I'm reading more now that I did before entering the army, I go for a run and to the gym to work out a little (to work off that fried everything I may have had earlier. I'm give in so easily...), I get an additional 2 hours of sleep from not having to travel and book in in the mornings, and spend time with a great bunch of colleagues (those who can be bothered to stay in anyhow, which isn't many). There's quite a lot of freedom to do as you please after office hours. Not to mention, my bunk is on the 4th floor of my accommodation block. Incredible view of the sea and Singapore. I've still yet to tire of watching the sunset while puffing away on a clove cigarette. Just goes to show there's beauty everywhere. Just gotta know where to look (Good Lord, did I just write that? How cheesy can I get?)
     Heh, seriously though. Staying in makes me appreciate booking out on the weekends even more. Small things you never thought about suddenly become a wondrous thing. Like, being able to sleep in my queen size bed, and waking up an hour before lunch on a Sunday. Or having a home-cooked lunch for me when I get home on Saturdays. Or smoking in public anytime, anywhere (well, almost anywhere). Or, hey, after seeing the same faces for 5 and a half days straight (or 14, depending if I have a weekend duty, in which case, it'll be a while before you see another entry, which reminds me, my next weekend duty's on the 21st and 22nd of this month. Now back to our irregularly scheduled entry.), meeting up with my own personal circles of friends. Friends who know me for me. When you're surrounded by work-relationships almost everyday, you can't imagine how important that is. It still surprises me at how many different people I can meet up with over the weekend, and still have space to spend quality time with my parents. It's taken on a whole new dimension for me. Time, that is. With so little during my weekends, how can I not devote each hour, each minute, each second to making sure I have good memories and a smile to last me through the long week? :) So, with that, here's to the next weekend. Valentine's cometh! Heh, I'm gonna love to see what I've got to say about that...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?