.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 28, 2004

 
     I have returned. And the peasants rejoiced :) Actually, I came back last last Thursday. From Genting, remember? And here I am, alive to tell the tale. Why the late entry? Well, it was kinda busy the moment I set foot back here in Singapore. Lemme explain... (insert shimmering flash-back effect here)
     So okay, I'm on my coach ride back. I receive an SMS from a friend about his wedding on the coming weekend. I already knew about that. Morning tea-ceremony on Saturday, wedding dinner affair on Sunday. Then there was the plea to be the MC for the afore mentioned wedding dinner affair. That, I did not know about. He had assumed, in booking the ballroom for the dinner, that a MC would be included in the package. Wrong. How am I to say no to a friend I've know for over a decade already?
     So okay, I reach home, I unpack, I pass out, I go to work on Friday, I get run-over by the stack of impending doom which is my responsibility and become another statistic of the Singapore Armed Forces. What else is new? :) Weekend comes, and I have to drag my ass out of bed AGAIN at 5 in the morning for the ceremony and tradition that is a Chinese wedding. It basically involves following the bride and groom being shuttled between their respective homes (one lives in Sengkang, and the other, in Woodlands, which is practically 2 ends of Singapore), going through various motions that shall seal their souls together in a life-binding contract. FOREVER. All in all though, quite a productive Saturday morning. Dragged my ass home at 4pm and passed out blissfully.
     Then came Sunday. The dinner was an elegant affair. Being the MC wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Really basic stuff. Introducing the lovely couple. Announcing their departure. Getting down to my bad sound and impressing everyone with my tight rhymes before realising that I wasn't supposed to be that kinda of MC. So the guests left, we retired to their hotel room, drank ourselves to another dimension, and called it a night. Who'd have thought so many people would be working the next day? And on a Monday too? :)
     Yeah, that sorta summarises why I didn't really post anything the moment I came back. I never want to be a part of another Chinese wedding again. My body clock isn't built for that sorta punishment. Especially on the weekends.
     Right, I've missed the point here somehow. How was the trip to the Genting Highlands? Expensive. Very expensive. It's pretty much catered to the family crowd. The kids go ape-shit over the rides, the adults gamble their troubles away (though ironically bringing upon themselves more), and the teenagers get stuck somewhere in-between. Ah yes. Genting Highlands. Something for everyone :) But hey, the weather was fantastic. Blissfully bloody cold. Smoking in that sorta weather is wondrous. All my money mostly went into food and drink. Yeah, I enjoyed myself. Anytime I'm away from Singapore is a good time :) So, that's about it. On retrospect (or just basically scrolling back up to have a look at all I've written), it doesn't seem like a whole lot does it? Well, it was enough for me, and hey, that's who this Blog's about right? :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?