.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 
     And here we are. The big TWO-FIVE. Quarter of a century old boys and girls. Not sure what to say, since a huge chunk has already been said a couple of days ago. "Thank you?" Heh, I figured I ought to write something on my birthday though. Commemorate the occasion and all. Just how old is 25 anyway? Is it supposed to be the prime of my life? Or is it beginning to end? *insert thoughtful chin scratching here*
     Tell you what I do know though. I love sleeping in on rainy mornings, and having an ice-cold maguerita on a hot day by the beach. I love being out on a cold night with a beer in one hand, and a cigarette in the other. I love biting into a juicy, medium-rare steak, and then chewing on the sides of grilled fat. I love reading a good book late at night in bed, while my tunes are going on in the back. I love watching The O.C. religiously in my bunk in camp with my friends and fellow devotees, screaming in unison at whatever twists there are in the most recent episode. And I love just being... Alive.
     So how were the birthday celebrations? Was all good. Or at least, based on what I can still remember, it was :) Plenty of food and drink in the company of my close friends. Just a simple enough house party. A big shout out to my parents, who were great hosts. And with this out of the way, I have Christmas to look forward to. Any of you guys in the mood yet? I am. Love Christmas. I'm an old-fashioned hopeless romantic. Which means I'll be dusting off that old Mariah Carey Christmas album I bought many moons ago soon :) Oh come on now, is all that eye-rolling really necessary? I'll have to start planning what to get for who. And then there's the budget too. Ugh. Heh, on the subject of gifts though (and life in general), I realised something. The older you get, the less you want. But what you want, becomes harder to get. Think about that :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?