.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
     Well now, we're halfway through December. I'm sure most of you reading this knew that already, but I've always found it easier starting a conversation by stating the obvious. Hey, doesn't everyone? :) Isn't it great though? Sure, the days may get a tad warm, but at least the evenings are greeted with that delightfully cool breeze that we've grown accustomed (and thankful) to. Those kinda nights where I'm happy to have worn something with long sleeves. Few and far in-between :) In a country with only one season (or if you consider hot and wet to be separate, two), you can't ask for too much. Heh, that hasn't stopped us from doing so though :)
     Started on the dreaded Christmas shopping yet? Well, I've managed to get a few gifts tucked away (but unfortunately, with many more to go). With the onlsaught of parties and such, saving up for the others is getting difficult. Prioritisation is paramount boys and girls! How happy do you really wanna be this holiday season...? :)
     The worst part of this is that I still have to slog through a graduation project for my advanced diploma stage of my degree *sigh* Well, if I'm going to behave as a responsible adult, what better time than now? Considering that I'm already 26, it might be considered a late start by many. Well, you know me. I've always been the late bloomer :)
     Next year's going to be an important year for me, from the looks of it. What with my father retiring recently, and being the only child, I'm really going to have to step up. Start thinking about the prospects of juggling my imminent degree stage of my course and a part-time job. Maybe even plan for a *gasp* career. You know what a dream job for me would be though (and no, I don't care if you already know)? I've always wanted to be a host for a travel show. Go to Papua New Guinea and eat tree worms? Hell yeah, I'm definitely there. Go to Thailand and drink cobra vomit? Sure, why not? Out of the country and into the world!
     Or what about a roadie for a big rock band? It wouldn't be completely sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, but it'd be a start :) And hey, with my medic background, think of how many band members I could save from choking to death on their own vomit! Ah, the infinite possibilities :)
     Honestly though, at the end of the day, I'm pretty sure I'll still find myself back in Singapore. That isn't such a bad thing (hold the groans and the rolling of the eyes until after I've finished my sentence) as long as I've seen most of what I've wanted to see, and done most of what I've wanted to do. I have my parents to consider (and owe way too much to), and with all the craziness going on out there, I'm thinking I'd rather be in an environment of insanity I'm more familiar with. It's mad though, what's going on. I figure Mother Nature is going through menopause, and has decided the population of the earth is making her look too fat :)
     Well, let's all cross our fingers (or sacrifice a goat, whichever suits your fancy), and hope for the best come 2006. Be sure to check out my 2005 round-up on the first day of the New Year. Especially you lot who've pretty much let the first 6 months slip your mind :) And to the random Jewish visitor, Happy Belated Hanukkah! I'll leave you children with a little something to help get you into (or out of, depending on whether you like it) that holiday mood. I'll see you guys soon.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true...
All I want for Christmas
Is you...

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you...
You baby

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
You...

All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need -
won't you please bring my baby to me...

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see baby
Standing right outside my door
Oh I just want him for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is
You...

All I want for Christmas is you baby... (repeat)"


----- Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?